We respect your privacy
- Mind Cognizance respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our clients and website visitors. This policy sets out how we collect and manage your personal information.
- We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and to the extent applicable, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner at privacy.gov.au.
What is personal information ?
- “Personal information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you. This includes information such as your name, email address, mobile number, or any other type of information that can reasonably identify an individual, either directly or indirectly.
What personal information is collected and how we collect it?
- Mind Cognizance will, from time to time, receive and store personal information you provide to us directly or given to us in other forms.
- Personal information we collect include your name, phone number, address and email address to enable us to send you information, provide updates and process your registration / participation.
- If you choose to not provide mandatory information with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage with that chosen activity. In all cases, we will collect information from you only if you have voluntarily provided that information to us.
Why do we collect Personal information?
- We collect personal information from you primarily to provide our services to you.
- We may also use your personal information for secondary purposes related to the primary purpose that may include
- providing information to our clients and marketing.
- communicate with you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to, by telephone, email, sms or mail;
Disclosure of your personal information
- We may disclose your personal information where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure for example in in response to a law enforcement agency request.
Security of your personal information
- Mind Cognizance is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure.
- Your personal information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- When your personal information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information. However, most of the personal information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years in a secure location that is protected from unauthorised access.
Access to your personal information
- You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), and to the extent applicable the EU GDPR. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at email@example.com
- We may ask you to verify your identity before acting on any of your requests
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act or any other applicable law.
Hosting and International Data Transfers
- The hosting facilities for our website are situated in Australia. Transfers to each of these Countries will be protected by appropriate safeguards
- You acknowledge that personal data that you submit through our website or services may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use (or misuse) of such personal data by others.
- When you visit our website
- When you come to our website (www.mindcognizance.com.au), we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
- Third party site
- Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that Mind Cognizance is not responsible for the privacy practises of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information